In a meeting at a café at Östermalm in Stockholm, a discussion was held during the spring in 2012. Björn Hamberg had a revolutionary idea of how to build an online service for social network gifting. This was the beginning of our association with a Swedish Start-up called Intreat.
During the following month, a simple web-based prototype with credit card payment was created and it was tested in a few cafés in Uppsala north of Stockholm. During the next year, we developed a solid server platform for electronic payments and a mobile app from where users can buy drinks and food via all main mobile payment methods in Sweden. The treat is delivered via SMS or Facebook as a voucher and even users who don’t have Intreat’s app installed can consume a treat. At most, about 30 restaurants in Sweden are connected to the system. However, in 2014 Intreat has also turned towards sports arenas where spectators can purchase their food and drink from their mobile and collect it at the counter. In the last 3 years, the solution has been redesigned to provide a complete mobile ordering, delivery and payment solution for restaurants and deployed as a white-labelled app for restaurants and chains across Sweden. Some restaurants only use direct ordering and payment solutions while others also provide takeaway and home delivery.
Gislen Software has taken full responsibility for all technical development. The Server solution is developed in Microsoft Dot Net technology installed and hosted in a redundant cloud solution on Microsoft Azure. The app is a cross-platform app developed in Xamarin. We have used Scrum and the solution is now stable. The server solution is hosted in the cloud in a redundant solution.
The Intreat app is currently available for iPhone and Android. The following functionalities are available:
- Selecting which outlet in a chain you want to order at/from.
- Different menus such as lunch, dinner, drinks
- Selection of table if the restaurant supports delivery
- Take-away with date & time for pickup
- Home delivery with date & time and address for delivery
- Payment solution for various cards
- Integration with restaurant POS system including blocking menu items which are out of stock
- Marketing functionality with push notifications and special personalised offers based on preferences and time
Currently, the solution is only available in Sweden but watch this space. We are working to help Intreat launch the app in other markets soon.