At Gislen Software we want to conduct our business in a way where we strive to reduce our environmental footprint. We should “think green” in all we do.
We will measure our environmental impact and take actions to reduce or compensate with a goal of zero carbon footprint and with a minimum environmental footprint in all other areas. This should ideally be done without compromising on our other business goals!
This may be done in means such as:
- Avoiding any unnecessary travel; by air, car or any vehicle which uses fossil fuel.
- Avoid using any unnecessary plastic material; in particular, this applies to non-reusable/non-recyclable/throw away plastic.
- Reduce the amount of waste our company produces
- Compost anything biodegradable
- Recycle as much as possible
- Reduce our energy consumption by buying energy-efficient appliances
- Switching off any equipment when it is not required or when it will be a waste of energy to keep it on
- Increase our use of renewable energy
- Plant trees to absorb carbon dioxide to compensate for carbon dioxide we produce by our actions
- Increase our green knowledge and educate our employees
- Select suppliers and products based on reduced environmental footprint.
- Communicate our standards to suppliers and demand them to live up to our standard when supplying to us. Verify and ensure that no supplier compromises with this standard
- Plan, measure and evaluate our actions and learn and reduce our environmental impact